Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dead Air Church - Fall for Greenville

My first attempt at sports photography! Not bad!

I totally underestimated how fast these guys were.

There I was, messing around with stuff and getting ready--and by the time I snapped and snapped, I got the two guys bringing up the rear. My second attempt was ALL BLURRRR, and it was three laps before I finally understood, start snapping as soon as they pass; just TAKE THE PHOTOS and do not attempt anything as high-minded as aim or focus. Consequently, this was the best of several.

I am now more respectful of actual professional sports shutterbugs, but they probably have pretty nice equipment, yes?

Fall for Greenville, our local street fair, is this weekend. This was the St Francis Hospital bike race, last evening.

~*~

The Official Dead Air Fall for Greenville Music award goes to Mac Arnold & Plate Full O' Blues (left) who sounded so fantastic, I bought their CD titled Backbone and Gristle.

Feeling particularly moved, I also bought one of their souvenir T-shirts, commemorating the 2nd Annual Mac Arnold Cornbread and Collard Greens Blues Festival--which is not one those things you get a chance to buy every day. (Yes, it's an actual local event organized by Mac, and I'm disappointed I missed it!)

~*~

At left, The Randall Bramblett Band. Entertaining enough.

~*~

South Africa's Civil Twilight. Very good; the guitarist has excellent, quite admirable abilities at harnessing feedback and is very impressive.


























And the drummer is exceptionally CUTE. :)

















The teenyboppers were madly shooting pics of the singer, he was a big hit.