Wednesday, October 21, 2009

You make the best of what's still around

Not enough bass on any of these songs. Turn up the BASS!

...

Dirt - The Stooges



Is Iggy saying "when you touch me" or "when you fuck me"? (Decades-old controversy!) He actually seems to be going back and forth, using both words; also "when you cut me"--which is what I always thought it was.

~*~

When the world is running down - The Police



Tell me where would I go?
I ain't been out in years...


~*~


Black Cow - Steely Dan



I'm the one
who must make everything right
talk it out
till daylight...

6 comments:

Mama Moretti said...

You know how much I love the Steely Dan songs - thanks!

YogaforCynics said...

I think I always thought Iggy was just letting out kind of an unintelligible grunt...

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Got to love the Dan of Steel.

mikeb302000 said...

Great tunes. Thanks.

Rachel said...

"Is Iggy saying 'when you touch me' or 'when you fuck me'? (Decades-old controversy!) He actually seems to be going back and forth, using both words; also 'when you cut me'--which is what I always thought it was."

...one of the interesting things about language, and interesting how those three words can be interpreted as degrees of the same rather than separate concepts.

N. Rosa said...

Love the Steely Dan, I had never heard this song, thanks for posting it!