Saturday, May 16, 2009

Reedy River Falls after a good rain....

These photographs were taken in a drizzle this morning, when hardly anyone else was on the bridge. (As stated before, I absolutely love living in a town with a waterfall in the center of it.)

The falls are unbelievably calming and centering. And after a good rain, as in these photos, you can see the reddish-brown Carolina clay-color in the water. They were particularly loud and ferocious today, and I just loved visiting them, once again.

~*~


9 comments:

sheila said...

A B S O L U T E L Y stunning! Thanks for sharing that! Damn, that's so pretty. It's calming even in just looking at the pics. Very very nice

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Gorgeous!

joan said...

There aren't many cities lucky enough to have a river with a waterfall like that in the middle of town. It is an awesome sight.

yellowdog granny said...

oh how beautiful..we had a lovely rain today...but nothing around here looks that purty..

mikeb302000 said...

Yes, I love your waterfall too. I've seen it a few times now. In Italian it's called "cascata." I've always liked that word.

Anya said...

ITS BEAUTIFUL ^__^

Daisy said...

I could sit there for hours just looking at the beautiful waterfall!

Kia said...

My kids absolutely love it there. How are all the developments doing around it? I know when we were there last our friends said that a planned hotel had been scratched...

www.muebles-en-alcala-de-henares.com said...

In my opinion everybody should browse on this.