Thursday, May 14, 2009

My radical history, continued

I am in the photo on the right, wearing a hat labeled "Reagan for Shah"--which was the forerunner of the Berkeley guerilla-theatre/radical comedy troupe "Ladies Against Women"... it was given to me personally by Mr A. Tad Slick, one of the founders of the troupe, when we protested at the Republican convention in Detroit in 1980. The person in the photo with me is Patrick Thornton, now a male midwife. I don't know if he wants to be identified as standing next to me, playing a kazoo, but there it is. (HI PAT!) The occasion was the 10th anniversary of the Columbus Free Press (founded 1970), where I got my radical training wheels in 1975. I continued writing for the FP on and off, until 1987. In the lower left photo, Steve Abbott and Paul Volker carry the official birthday cake. (HI YOU GUYS!)

Thanks to the ever-intrepid Ramone Smith, for scanning this photo...as well as taking on the daunting task of preserving every Free Press ever published!