Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Do men ever delete their blogs?

Why do so many women delete their ENTIRE BLOGS?

Why not simply delete, say, particular posts they find embarrassing, compromising or just plain bad?

What is the reason for this? I can't imagine doing it myself. I can imagine deleting stuff that reflects old beliefs or bad politics... I can also imagine making one's blog "invitation only" if one is scared or harassed; I considered it briefly myself.

Can anyone name a male blogger who has deleted their entire blog? This appears to be a female phenomenon... then again, I mostly read and link women, therefore it makes sense that it would appear that way to me. (I just clicked on my third blogger in a week who has deleted her blog.) But then I tried to think of MALE BLOGGERS who have done this and could not think of a single one.

I want to know what makes someone do this, and why don't men do it? (And of course, lots of them should!)

There seems to be some sort of "female shame" at work here, and I don't like it. (Or is this due to harassment of women? By men or other women?)

If you blog, have you ever considered deleting your whole blog? Can you relate to it? Which bloggers do you miss that have done this?

Discuss.