Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Carolina Basset Hound Rescue

As a child, I had a basset/beagle mix named Cleo, and ohhhh, how I loved that dog! Hounds are wonderful animals. I watched her give birth to her puppies, a momentous childhood event I have never forgotten. (I guess I should have exited the room and allowed her some privacy, but I was too riveted to move.)

As a confirmed cat-lady, I usually do cats here at Dead Air, but I figured, equal time for canines! And I do love hounds. Below are Tanner and Burt of Carolina Basset Hound Rescue, whom I met this weekend. They are very happy, rescued doggies! (((kisses doggies)))

~*~


10 comments:

AD said...

ahhh HAPPY WW!

surely a nice prompt!

Shannon said...

Ohhh they are cute! I had a half breed basset named Beauford when I was a kid. Great dog but LOUD! Keep up the good work!

Robin said...

What cuties :).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summer Stock Sunday starts May 31st - come check it out!

Anya said...

Lovely dogs :)

Race said...

happy ww! thanks for dropping by! nice dogs you have!

Rootietoot said...

My father in law had a Basset named Maggie. Once he (the father in law) was yelling at my kids (then, 10,8,6) about something, and told them to stand against a tree. Maggie backed herself up against the tree and stood with them.

Bassets are awesome.

Daisy said...

Tanner and Burt look like real nice doggies!

Sungold said...

Oh, those are wonderful hounds! We used to have bassets when I was a girl, too - including one named Maggie. (I don't think it was the same one Rootietoot mentions!)

I too am a confirmed cat lady but we did have excellent dogs.

CyberCelt said...

Oh, how could anyone hurt such a sweet-faced dog?

Stopping by for WW. We are both on the BV top list as well.

Jeremyinc said...

We breed Basset Hound Puppies in Ontario and love them soo much. We just had a litter! I hope you can find loving homes for your Bassets!