Thursday, March 1, 2012


Thanks to Stuff Fundies Like. (Enjoy your new home, Darrell.)

Second graphic: I never liked Reagan and today, his clone-namesake officially returned those sentiments via Twitter. Well, it's been a long time comin! (you can click both to enlarge)


West said...

I don't know daisy... I kind of have to agree... You libs do like blaming others for your complete lack of accomplishmnet of anything relavent... have a nice day. But you are the nicest unviable tissue mass I ever had the pleasure of talking to.

CrackerLilo said...

That graphic is so true! My older Assemblies of God relatives doubt whether Catholicism is Christianity, but oh, did my aunts and uncles think Santorum was a devout man of God for the past few weeks! This after telling my cousin he shouldn't be dating a Catholic girl. They also get to be honorary "real Christians" whenever it comes time to pass some gay-bashing bill or ordinance. I'm actually a little tickled that old school fundamentalist Protestants have to choose between two Catholics, a Mormon, and crazy old Ron Paul.

Ann O'Dyne said...

cults and politics should be separate at all times.

and to 'West' I offer my opinion that if you have to make a nasty comment then click away fast and say nothing.

Now everybody go look up 'hypocrisy' - the real and true enemy.
Many religion/cults have a fine ethic, but have 'followers' who don't. beats me.
I would embrace Buddhism except that it officially insists that females have smaller brains. FFS.

peace and love

Jon said...

Oh let us rejoice in our shared gratitude! I am certainly grateful that I am not a little sniveling shit like our friend Reagan Rules. Honestly, to anonymously insult people you don't know and don't have the wits to honestly criticize. It takes a sad little person to do that.

JoJo said...

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why Catholics aren't considered Christians. When I was growing up as a Catholic, I was taught that we were Christians too. Basically all non-Jewish religions fell into the Christian category - Baptists, Catholics, etc.

DaisyDeadhead said...

OMG, Jojo, whatever you do, NEVER ask that question of a born-again Christian or you will get one of those all-day explanations along with a church invitation.

Short version: no "personal relationship with Jesus Christ"--the Catholic relationship with God is thought to be mediated by priests and the Church itself, through sacraments. They consider sacraments pagan ("a physical sign of God") and they are probably right. (But "what's wrong with pagan?"--another all-day session!)

D. said...

Which sacraments do they mean by that, I wonder?

Anointing of the Sick, maybe. Bread and wine are mentioned in the Gospels, and those were the words Jesus Himself spoke over them, so can't be that. Marriage only seems to be highly inviolate if gay people are trying to do it. The priesthood is its own problem. Baptism, you notice, nobody has a word against.

I don't have a problem with the Reformation. That probably needed to happen. I do have a problem with not knowing history. Without the existence of the Catholic Church, Christianity is (by now) millions of squabbling little sects, if it is still there at all.

Don't get me started.

D. said...

I see I forgot penance and confirmation. Oh, well.

Anonymous said...

conservatives always 'get personal' with the insults first. you criticize a dead person who can't hear you, so they raise the level of vulgarity to 'miserable scumbag' - predictable.

why are they the christians again?

West said...

Well, Daisy, good deal on explaining Catholics... You were raised Catholic, huh! And I seriously have a hard time thinking of lefties and nice people, considering your affection for offing the unborn... And Ann, that was a compliment for Daisy. I talk to her weekly and enjoy her emmensly.