Thursday, November 15, 2007

We're gettin tired of hangin around...

I've been told this song was popular in Vietnam, out in the bush. "When the music's over" as in, when you died: Music is your only friend/Until the end.

I've been wondering what songs the troops are listening to now, that have the same emotional resonance this once had for another generation of soldiers.

The Doors - When The Music's Over

[via FoxyTunes / The Doors]



I hauled this video out of mothballs to prove to my 20-something friend that Carlos Santana was once a beautiful, thin man with lots of hair:

Santana - Soul Sacrifice (Woodstock 1969)

[via FoxyTunes / Soul Sacrifice]



Proof of greatness is when an 'unknown' can nearly steal a movie from the stars!

I recently passed through HOT TOPIC and noticed all the Christopher Walken T-shirts. Apparently, he is particularly popular with the irreverent kids. But I've noticed that most of the kids don't know about his big acting break, so I hereby offer it here:

Walken in Annie Hall

[via FoxyTunes / Annie Hall]