Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring break

Left: Sacred Heart of Jesus (stained glass) from St Mary's, oldest parish in Greenville, SC.

~*~

I am using the occasion of the Paschal Triduum to announce a blog-break, my first real break since DEAD AIR's inception. It's been a long time coming!

A great deal of this is spiritual, and I am now reflecting on exactly what I am doing with my blog, what I want it to accomplish, etc. When I return, I hope to make some stylistic changes and improvements here at DEAD AIR. (And BTW, yall can go vote for me over at the Canadian F-word awards!)

On a more personal note, I am not sure how much of myself and my life I can safely share, and how much I should ideally share.

I am also presently dealing with almost-overwhelming issues of overwork, health and taxes. All of which have exhausted me. Admittedly, I have once again become obsessed with blogging and blog-stats, despite the better angels of my nature. It's time to take a step back and re-evaluate.

If you pray, please pray for me, as I wish all of you a happy, glorious, wonderful Easter.

As the governor of California so memorably said, I'll be back.

PS: I am very pleased DEAD AIR's official Easter Hymn is still alive and well on YouTube.

~*~

And the angel spoke to the women, saying, you are looking for Jesus of Nazareth.

He is not here, for He has risen, as He said
.


~*~

After the Goldrush - Prelude

[via FoxyTunes / Prelude]


Art by John Pitre. Song by Neil Young.