Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday morning funnies

This is series of clips from the film Five Easy Pieces (1970); Helena Kallianiotes explains it all for you! (...and I don't even wanna talk about it.)



~*~

This is exactly how all those heart-warming family boardgames always ended up in my house, too.

Ed, Eunice and Mama play SORRY!



~*~

I hate that we can't SEE Bill Murray in this clip, but I assume this is because NBC has the rights to the actual Saturday Night Live video segment in which Bill Murray did his famous "lounge act" routine. Instead we just get Star Wars visuals, but you can still hear how funny he is.

Star Wars, nothing but STAR WARS!



~*~

I've seen this twenty million times, and it always SLAYS me. From Young Frankenstein (1974) this is Gene Wilder and Peter Boyle.

"And I want the world to know...once and for all... without any shame... that we love him!"




~*~

Her name is June Fairchild and Tommy Chong saw her at a party doing this bit. Cheech and Chong put her in their first (and best) movie, Up in Smoke (1978).

She's always been known as simply The Ajax Lady.