Friday, July 25, 2008

Having a Wild Weekend!

I've always wanted to name a post that, but figured if I was gonna steal from John Boorman, I'd better include a trailer, so I have included it below.

~*~

Random notes for this Friday:

HOPING that the weather holds up, with no sudden nasty summer storms. If the weather remains tolerable, I WILL have a wild weekend! (Or as wild as my weekends get these days, anyway.)

Wild or not, I'll cover it here--so stay tuned, sports fans!

~*~

While swimming in my hallway yesterday, I got a bunch of unexpected blog hits--right after Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama, gave his speech in Berlin. And guess what the search terms were? Yup: IS BARACK OBAMA THE ANTICHRIST? Apparently, Germany sets them off bigtime.

I previously reported that my "antichrist" post had fallen to the second or third Google page, but now I am back up to the fifth hit on Google, although you have to phrase it exactly! (((preens)))

I don't think the page gives them what they are looking for, since they don't stick around too long. [Waves at fundamentalists!]

Trinity writes about a Philadelphia-area doctor who temporarily tattooed a woman without her permission, ostensibly to "lift her spirits," if you can believe it. He's done it to other patients, too. (Let's hope he asks their religion first!) She is suing him, and various people believe she is over-reacting. All I can say is (speaking of fundamentalism), he better not try that shit down south, or the by-the-book-Baptists will OWN his practice.

You might want to gaze upon Renegade Evolution's lovely, tan, toned and very buff behind! Yes, we try to bring you edifying, politically correct images here at DEAD AIR! Which brings me to...

The Sixth Feminist Carnival of Sexual Freedom and Autonomy is over at Aishwarya's. My apologies for overlooking this earlier in the week!

~*~

Having a Wild Weekend was the original (UK) title. Here in the USA, the movie was titled Catch Us If You Can, the same title as the Dave Clark 5's monster-hit.

Movie trailer:



And here is the monster hit, all by itself. Infectious as the bloody dickens, as they might say over there:



HAVE A WILD WEEKEND!