Monday, March 3, 2008

Is Barack Obama the antichrist?

A couple of weeks ago, one of the local preachers of my acquaintance approached me at work, asking me if I liked Senator Barack Obama. Apparently, I look the type. I answered in the affirmative.

He narrowed his eyes at me: "Isn't it strange how everyone looooooves him?"

I snorted, "Seems to me, everyone is trash-talking him all the time."

He looked disappointed; I obviously wasn't getting it.

"People are treating him like a MESSIAH!" he announced.

Uh-oh. I could see where this was going.

"You aren't implying..." I started.

And yes, he was more than simply implying. He started to tell me all about the Biblical prophecies, and how Barack Hussein Obama fit into those, starting with his birthplace, his father, his middle name, and on and on.

"What happened to George Soros?" I asked.

He ignored me, and continued enumerating the reasons why Barack is the antichrist.

Oh boy.

I've heard this a number of times now, on some tiny-wattage Christian radio stations in the area, as well as on Wonkette.

Who started these rumors, and when? Does anyone know who first propagated the idea?

Very interesting, considering that religious crackpot John Hagee is publicly speaking for the John McCain presidential campaign. Is the GOP tacitly approving the Barack-is-the-antichrist rumors?


Why is Senator Obama expected to "renounce and reject" Louis Farrakhan, while McCain can cozily hobnob with these anti-Catholic and racist Rapture lunatics?

As I told the preacher--I wouldn't worry just yet. It seems to me, Barack is getting it nonstop from the right and the left.

He didn't seem convinced.

They really believe this stuff, you know.