Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Cat Blogging: New Family Member

I went to the kitten rescue, to take photos of kittens. As I've said here before, I visit feline rescues regularly.

Unexpectedly, I saw a miniature version of my smoky-gray Grand Old Man, whom I lost a year ago. There he was! (below, far right)

Of course, since cats have nine lives, I wondered if it really was him.

I picked up the white one, and he was disinterested. The gray one was very determined, yowling insistently at me. Hmm, I thought. Is it him?

I picked him up and he purred and head-butted me, promptly crawling into my hair.

Okay.

I guess you know what happened next. :)

~*~

Peace Cat appears very jealous and is punishing me for the new arrival by refusing to acknowledge my existence. Currently, he just glares (and occasionally hisses) at the kitten, but I am hoping he will come around. His grief was as profound as mine, and I fervently hope he will soon make friends with our new family member.

He is an affectionate little sweetheart; I am very happy right now.




16 comments:

Aunt B said...

Oh my. That second picture makes me a little worried that you may have brought home a huge trouble-maker!

Daisy said...

Congratulations! To you and the new bebbeh! What is his name? He sure is a cutie pie. I love his wacky ear-furs.

RMJ said...

Kittens are a joy forever. I wish I could adopt more!

CrackerLilo said...

Congratulations to you and the kitten both! He looks mischievous as hell, but those are the best kittehs, right? :-) I'm so glad the two of you found each other. Peace Cat will come around.

SnowdropExplodes said...

Total fluffy cuteness overload!!!!!

He looks very much a source of pleasure for many years.

Susan said...

Gray fur and green eyes - what a handsome fellow. But he does look like a handful.

Dennis the Vizsla said...

That's exactly the approach that Trouble the kitty used on me in the pound 18 years ago. It works every time.

Meowser said...

**dies of the cute**

(Word Verification: stings)

Joan Perry; Sidewalk Curator said...

Goodness! Look at those eyes!

Amber Rhea said...

:D :D :D
!!!

I can tell from the pictures that he has tons of personality!

ArrogantWorm said...

Awwwww, he's so cute!

timberwraith said...

So. Unbelievably. Cute!

John Powers said...

I wrote a comment on Friday but probably didn't hit publish or something. This post had me grinning from ear to ear. Cats always seem to have something to say about where they live. It's never we're "cat owners" but rather cats choose to live with us.

Dw3t-Hthr said...

That little sweetheart looks a lot like my late Misty, another grey-nosed, grey-furred, green-eyed catling. Narrower in the face, but ... *sniffle*

belledame222 said...

kiiiiiiiiiiiitttyyyyyyy

kikipotamus said...

Oh, what a total sweetheart. I do believe that sometimes our pets come back to us in different bodies.