Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Cat Blogging: New Family Member

I went to the kitten rescue, to take photos of kittens. As I've said here before, I visit feline rescues regularly.

Unexpectedly, I saw a miniature version of my smoky-gray Grand Old Man, whom I lost a year ago. There he was! (below, far right)

Of course, since cats have nine lives, I wondered if it really was him.

I picked up the white one, and he was disinterested. The gray one was very determined, yowling insistently at me. Hmm, I thought. Is it him?

I picked him up and he purred and head-butted me, promptly crawling into my hair.

Okay.

I guess you know what happened next. :)

~*~

Peace Cat appears very jealous and is punishing me for the new arrival by refusing to acknowledge my existence. Currently, he just glares (and occasionally hisses) at the kitten, but I am hoping he will come around. His grief was as profound as mine, and I fervently hope he will soon make friends with our new family member.

He is an affectionate little sweetheart; I am very happy right now.