Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Four of Cups

A beautiful chalice is held out to the uninterested (petulant? sad?) youth. Ho hum. He isn't impressed. Yawn!

Got boredom?

Are you apathetic?

What is boring you in your life? What is thoroughly monotonous now, that was once wonderful? Or was it always monotonous?

Are you ignoring a golden chalice? What's in it?

As for me, my apartment is boring me. It's a disaster and a mess. (Particularly the nearly-threadbare rug, every square foot of which has been puked on by cats at least once!) Beyond that, I have lived here forever (too embarrassed to tell you just HOW long) and I'm ready to move... and yet... well, I am too bored and apathetic to look for anywhere else to live! Complacency thus leads to further boredom. This self-perpetuating cycle of apathy is what the card refers to.

Obviously, this is why I drew the card.

How about yourself? Any fours of cups in your reading?