Tuesday, May 21, 2013

#WhenIseeaObamabumpersticker brings out the vicious, good Christians





(you can click all Tweets to enlarge)

As many of my regular readers know, I have nearly been run off the road several times for my (old, obsolete) Obama bumper stickers... and I did not even vote for Obama in 2012 (voted for Green Party candidate Jill Stein instead). Nonetheless, those scary bumper stickers remain, because I refuse to be intimidated, and my car is old besides (but paid for!). Thus, when I saw the Twitter hashtag #WhenIseeaObamabumpersticker (excuse bad grammar, but what did you expect?), I admit that I reacted very strongly to the right-wing, racist bullies who came out of the woodwork to trumpet their bullying... the kind of bullying I have been dealing with for 5 years now.

Not surprisingly, they are damned proud of themselves.

When called on it, haha, it's suddenly a 'joke'--although at least some of them admit they are dead serious.

I know that the people who have repeatedly tried to run me off the road, tailgate me dangerously on interstates while shooting the bird, etc, are/were VERY serious, and not at all joking. And as they angrily pass me, they often show me their Dubya/Romney/anti-abortion/pro-NRA/anti-gay marriage (et. al.) bumper stickers as well--just in case there is any question WHY they feel moved to behave like maniacs.

Needless to say, I have never tried to run any of THEM off the road, nor flip them off, nor in any way act like a goon simply because they disagree with ME. Nor would I. But then, I am not a bully, and I have never understood the psychology of bullies. They really would have been quite at home in the old Soviet Union, which jailed all dissenters. They value ideological lockstep.

Further, I noticed that when I checked out several of these people's self-descriptions... virtually all of them claim to be BIBLE-BELIEVING CHRISTIANS! Do you believe that?!? (well, of course you do) They trash the poor while claiming to believe in the Messiah who said Blessed are the poor and the poor we always have with us. The Messiah who said, as ye do to the least of these, so have you done to me. The One who said, The Last shall be first. When I dared comment on this gross theological discrepancy, they found it amusing and re-tweeted me. HAHA!--this bitch expects me to actually LIVE WHAT I CLAIM TO BELIEVE, IS THAT FUNNY OR WHAT?!

Yes, I suppose it is.






























12 comments:

JoJo said...

Wow. I don't know how you can stand living in the south with all those people. :( I worry for your safety.

bryce said...

foul. just foul.

Sevesteen said...

I've had similar experiences.

Knocked backwards off I-75 by a box truck.

Crashed into by a van in New Jersey when I didn't properly interpret his arm waving out the window as the signal for "slam on your brakes and let me merge or else".

Numerous tailgaters within arms reach...and if I slow down, pass me then slam on their brakes in front of me.

However, I'm pretty sure it's just ordinary idiocy rather than politically motivated, I don't put political stuff on my car.

Either that, or it is people objecting to the magnetic daisy I had on my last few cars. (Daughter stuck it on as a joke, then I moved it when I switched cars to make it easier to remember which one was mine. finally damaged when someone tried to take it off my Beetle)

DaisyDeadhead said...

Flower power hippie! Sevesteen, I had NO IDEA! :P

None of this stuff ever used to happen to me (I am a boring, cautious driver) until the bumper stickers. I think these tweets prove that I have been right about the reason for the viciousness... this IS the most conservative county in the USA you know. Also, nobody reacted until he WON, and then all hell broke loose. Which I first noticed on election day, 2008.

Lindsay said...

Holy moly!

I can't drive, but I've never had the impulse to, say, throw ROCKS at a car with a Bush bumper sticker. I even *laugh* at some of the cleverer conservative slogans on bumper stickers.

As someone who has been narrowly missed by a car (not intentional --- the person was running a red light and didn't see me), I am especially chilled to see the comment about wanting to run people off the road.

(I tend to be hypersensitive to the fact that CARS CAN KILL YOU).

catsynth said...

Quite sad. I saw a lot of that hashtag as well, though largely through progressive and parody accounts.

I'm glad I spend most of my time these days not driving.

Sevesteen said...

The tweets seem over the top enough to me that I'd suspect at least some are false flag operations.

First political campaign I worked for was McGovern in 72, when I would have been 8. Parents brought me in from playing to watch Nixon resign, saying I would be glad to have seen it when I grow up. Dad still proudly kept the Mcgovern bumper sticker on his car until long after Nixon was gone. Our family never had a Beetle, but we had a 411 and an air cooled VW van.

Fortunately the early indoctrination only took as far as distrusting Republicans...

Sevesteen said...

My last comment triggered the malware download attempt from your blog again. I was on my Linux computer so not in danger. My laptop is having trouble with wireless under Linux, so I'm still using it with Windows 8. As a result, it isn't safe for me to comment on your blog anymore until either I get Linux working on all my computers, or you fix your malware problem. (even if I intend to only comment from my other computer, I'm too likely to forget) This made me realize that I am in effect patronizing a polluting business. "Yes, we know our plumbing is leaking sewage, we called a plumber but he was busy. Nobody here how to fix it, so we will just let it keep leaking" Malware is pollution on the internet, you aren't fixing yours. Altough I'm not personally vulnerable, continuing to patronize a blog that is distributing malware (even through negligence rather than malice) is part of the problem.

I don't know exactly how to fix your problem, and I'm not offering to fix it for you. However if you can't find someone trustworthy to help, I would recommend deleting nonessential parts of your blog layout until the problem goes away. Until then I'm going to at least quit commenting, and to prevent temptation I may quit reading. If the analogy to pollution doesn't encourage you to fix the problem I don't expect a 1-man boycott will, but I think the effort on my part is necessary to encourage effort on your part.

DaisyDeadhead said...

Sevesteen, its very weird... I get that complaint from many people, but then others do not have the complaint at all, even on public computers. I am not sure what the difference is. I don't understand it.

If anyone else has a clue, please let me know. I don't understand how to "delete nonessential parts of your blog layout"--what do you mean? I am getting rid of my blogroll, so that may help (its obsolete and I've been meaning to; I can't 'update' it, so that tells me there may be a problem with it)... but I have gone through all the html code and can't see where this is coming from. The Google/Blogspot Help person said they were not getting it. I have no idea why some people get it and others don't, or even (truthfully) how malware works. I feel really ignorant admitting that, but there it is.

HELP! If anyone can explain to me in VERY SIMPLE TERMS how to deal with this, PLEASE DO. And please, no tech-lingo please, I need it as simple and bare-bones as you can make it. I am VERY challenged in this area... I initially only learned blog layout from going to "Tips for New Bloggers" or I wouldn't even have a blog in the first place.

Again, paging anyone who knows anyone who might be able to give me a hand with this... and explain to me why *I* never get it... and why the Google/Blogger Help person could not see/find it either. I think this puzzles me more than anything else.

JoJo said...

Testing to see if there's malware.

LarryE said...

I've never had the problem, either, so I have no idea what to suggest since I haven't seen the actual problem.

I would suggest that if others complain about it, you ask for some info about their systems and means of access to the 'Net. I could be some common factor among them, not something at your end. I don't know.

Sevesteen said...

That came out somewhat harsher than I meant. I'm willing to help advise where I can--the problem is I'm not experienced enough to give a good solution without more access to your blog's guts than I'm willing to take, more than it would be sensible for you to give to a stranger.

My guess is that one of the extra widgets in your sidebar is triggering the problem under some set of circumstances--and likely the circumstances are deliberately erratic to make figuring out which one it is more difficult. It's more likely a widget that does something rather than just an image with a link--A stat counter, moon phase, or similar (I don't particularly suspect either of those, but they are more likely than a plain link to a website)

It isn't every time I comment, but it has been at least 3 or 4 times, on at least 2 different computers, both running a current version of Ubuntu Linux. My first comment on this post didn't trigger it, the second one did.

From what I've read about the particular file it is trying to deposit, it is a Windows trojan that requires tricking the computer user into installing. If that is correct it isn't an extremely dangerous one.