Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fanaticon!

Fanaticon 2 was today in Asheville, NC... phantastic, phantasmagorical photos below!

At left: Superheroes welcome us to the con.

1) A very nice ewok welcomed us too, although her friend seemed rather hostile and just pointed weapons at everybody.

2) Ashtoberfest table, the Asheville Zombie Walk.

3) T-shirt reads, "You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be eaten."

4) From 2nd floor of the Asheville Art Museum (at Pack Square).

5) and 6) Attractive con attendees.

7) The Joker.

8) More attractive con attendees.

9) Folks perusing the thousands of comics on display.

10) A very polite and sensitive reminder.

11) Kids making stuff.

12) Face painting.

13) DEAD AIR's choice for Queen of the Con. :)

14) Poster featuring heroine of Olde Towne Comix.

15) Bobby Nash, a favorite comics-writer of Mr Daisy's. HI BOBBY!

16) Who you gonna call?

17) Answer to question in #16.

18) Folks in costumes outside the con.

19) T-shirt reads, "Zombie. Eat flesh." (modeled on SUBWAY logo: Eat Fresh)

20) Another shot from 2nd floor of museum.

21) Look at her eyes! Some kind of contact lenses made em look like cat's eyes, really cool.

22) Woman in #21, with mask on and accompanied by monster partner. Awesome costumes!

23) I didn't see which table this was, my apologies! Another great costume.

24) and 25) Of course, since this was Rapture weekend, some folks outside the con decided to offer their opinions.

According to the fellow holding the "Oh crap" sign, 6 people in Asheville were Raptured. But only 6. Hardly anybody noticed, he said. I told him I was going back to Greenville, which would probably be vacant. He told us we should probably just stay in Asheville, in that case.

But when we got back, everything looked the same to me. I guess this place isn't the buckle of the Bible Belt after all, huh? ;)

~*~
























10 comments:

JoJo said...

That looks like a blast!!!! I've never been to a Fanaticon or Sci Fi Con but it sure looks like people have a fun time. Great Ghostbusters car too!

JoJo said...

Oh, if I may, that's not a Wookie, it's an Ewok, from Endor. I believe his friend is Boba Fett but I can't quite see for sure. Hence the weapon pointing. He's looking for Han Solo.

Marion said...

What fun! I've never been to one of these fests but I have a friend who went to one...she had a great time and still talks about it.

Thanks for the photos, Daisy...xo

YogaforCynics said...

I was gonna point out the Wookie/Ewok thing, but JoJo appears to have out-nerded me...

DaisyDeadhead said...

You nerdy peeps! I corrected it! :D (And thanks.)

sheila said...

You are just SO fun Daisy! LOVE this post, especially the Aquaman sign, BlahhhhaaaaHa!

SnowdropExplodes said...

The creativity of costumers in fandom always makes me smile.

I especially loved that "apparently, so did you!" sign outside :-)

tracy said...

i love the zombie shirts. looks like so much fun! I'm jealous. the aquaman sign is hilarious too.

catsynth said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun - particularly seeing everyone's costumes.

Phone Sex said...

I am sure fans must have got impressed with this blog!!!