Saturday, September 12, 2009

Watching the River Flow

The particular river in the video is the Illinois River. Love the piano work in this song, courtesy of the song's co-producer, Leon Russell.

If I had wings and I could fly
I know where I would go
But right now I'll just sit here
so contentedly
And watch the river flow


Watching the River Flow - Bob Dylan (1971)


YogaforCynics said...

Y'know, despite my extensive Dylan collection--every album, including all of the Bootleg series, and a whole mess o' bootlegs (the Dylan/Cash Sessions particularly recommended), I don't have this song--which is on Greatest Hits Part 2 or whatever it's called, a double album with three or four songs (two of which later showed up on the Basement Tapes, and one which I have a live version of) that were at the time unreleased...I fucking hate it when people do that...

DaisyDeadhead said...

Yes! Greatest Hits, album 2, side 2, first song. :) Great memory!

Steely Dan did not include "Don't Take me Alive" on their greatest hits collection, though. Growf!

So yeah I know exactly what you mean...

Skinner said...

Watching this on a Monday makes me wish it were a Saturday.