Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wordless Wednesday: Happy New Year!

Happy Wordless Wednesday to everyone! Closing out the year with some photos of Main Street, Greenville, South Carolina.

I tried to include some local institutions:

Loose Lucy's and Mast General Store--both of which I also wrote about here.

O.P. Taylor's toy store. (If you get the name, you are officially old!)

Liquid Highway.

Sharkey's Pub.

Also, the Richardson Street Parking Garage, which doesn't have a web page, but even better--free parking on weekends!

Hope everyone has a fabulous New Year; drive safely, and all that good grandma talk. Love yas passionately!!!!!

~*~

15 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Looks like a fun place to go!!! Happy New Year!!!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Jennifer said...

I once visited Greenville and just loved it! It must be a beautiful place to live.
Happy new year!

Daisy said...

Happy New Year to you! I hope you have a wonderful 2009.

Anonymous said...

love the bluury street car/bus.

sheila said...

Looks very cool! I'd like to check out that loosy lucys.

(raise my glass) Here's to a better o9!

Zooomabooma said...

I loved Mast General Store when the one time I was in downtown Greenville. Spent about an hour in there on a warm summer night, spent a few hours out on the street and in some bars. Cool little city and I hope to get back someday!

Happy New Weir!

John Powers said...

Wisdom is something like having explored all the dead ends in a forest and in retracing to discover all is change. You are very wise and help me hold hope for the new year. Happy New Year!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

I love the Liquid Highway picture.

Amber Rhea said...

These pictures are beautiful. Happy new year, Daisy!

Dave Dubya said...

Nice photos. Beats looking out at the smow.

Happy New Year, Daisy.

ArrogantWorm said...

Pretty pictures, and happy New Year =)

Robin of My Two Blessings said...

Neat shots. Very nice. Thanks for visiting my blog. The foggy photo on my ww. it's a place in rotorua, New Zealand. Photo is by monte Nagler.

Happy New Year.

Robin

Cedar Posts and Life Floating By said...

Love the photos and OP Taylor's (Yes I'm A Kid at Heart)

Happy New Year!

Daisy said...

And the answer to the quiz: O.P. Taylor = Opie Taylor. (Andy Griffith's son)

Annie said...

Happy New Year, Sister!... a few days late.