Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh by gosh by golly...

I mentioned this song in my far more comprehensive post about Christmas music last year... and now that I am back at work, Christmas music everywhere, including the really awful stuff. No escape, so I try to invoke the Zen of Retail.

Decided I needed me some class!

This song is accompanied by visuals of various traditional Christmas cards. The video I initially wanted had Frank actually singing it, but alas, is no longer available. (As I asked in this post, how exactly does one DO that--just call up YouTube and demand they pull it, or what? Does your copyright lawyer have to call? Since Frank is gone, who is responsible for this--Nancy?)

PS: I profusely apologize to my fellow vegetarians for the line, "tasty pheasants"--which does rhyme with "presents"--after all.

Smoothest dude ever! Enjoy!

Frank Sinatra - Mistletoe and Holly

7 comments:

sheila said...

Oh by gosh, by golly I DO love that version! lol. I say, if you have to listen to all the Christmas songs relentlessly, why not have a good crooner sing them?

That was great!

Anonymous said...

I love that. Thank you.

Drake Shelton said...

This is drake,
check out blog on first principles at www.lexrexcovenant.blogspot.com

polerin said...

I think it's mostly that you have to send a DMCA takedown notice to them. I don't believe it requires a lawyer, which is part of what makes the law so odorous.

YogaforCynics said...

I think generally it's not the artists themselves but "their people"--the corporation of managers, lawyers, etc. who manage their interests--who go after these kinds of things. I remember a decade or so ago, when "Bob Dylan" threatened to sue Hootie and the Blowfish for a song that borrowed some lines from a couple of songs on "Blood on the Tracks" as a tribute to Bob. A friend of mine said Dylan was a dick for doing that, but I doubt the guy himself knew or cared about it, and probably the same is true of Sinatra's descendents....

Anyway...good song. I know I'd go insane if I worked retail, especially this time of year, particularly if it was somewhere where I couldn't control the music that was playing....

ZZ Staff said...

Excellent site!... The moderators at ZardozZ News & Satire search the web manually for interesting feed content and we came across your site today. Since your material is both interesting and aligned with our readership, we would like to invite you to add your site's URL to our webring (250+ blogs / sites). If you are interested, you can find further information at the ZZ OpenRing. This is not meant as spam but as a sincere invitation. Hope you'll join us...!
--- ZZ N&S Staff

Mista Jaycee said...

You have been awarded Honest Scrap award! From me!
Jaycee