Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Look to the future now, it's only just begun

I was linked on both SALON and Newsarama this week, yall! I am thrilled! I don't need no other Christmas presents! (Thank you, Kate and Sarah! )

Again, more apologies. I promise I will be a far more punctual blogger after Christmas is over. And please pray for your local retail-slaves at this time of year, they need your love! I assure you, they are near total COLLAPSE!

And now it's time for Daisy's favorite secular Christmas carol! ENJOY!

I only need to hear this song once, and my harried holiday-in-retail workday is made quite lovely indeed, suddenly transformed into magic.


Merry Christmas Everybody - Slade


chaos said...

Daisy, Please comment/ do your own post about I blame the Patriarchy's current conversation:http://blog.iblamethepatriarchy.com/2008/12/23/mothers-and-blorts-fight-the-power/

queen emily said...

Woo, congrats that's awesome. Well deserved attention. Slade is the classic Crimble song, lovely :)


mikeb302000 said...

Merry Christmas, Daisy.

Daisy said...

Chaos, I'll try to get on it this weekend! I'll probably combine it with a response to Heart's post about how fundamentalist women are peachy keen and how Sarah Palin isn't really one (since she's a governor), or really is one since they are so strong and capable, but they are still very oppressed, but don't say YOU they are...or something. It might be the most convoluted apologia for fundamentalism I ever read, and from a feminist, too! I refer to the thread here, which also deconstructs further.

I will try to combine the two, but I thought Sarah did a great job in her "fuck. you." post at Twisty's. :)

I haven't been able to comment, you know, because I don't live on my rich dead daddy's Texas money, and have to work my ass off at Christmas... then I read how I am patriarchal for being a mother, from someone living off their daddy's (translation of PATRIARCHY = rule of the FATHERS) money and doesn't have to work.

She blames the patriarchy, but doesn't mind taking their money. So why can't the rest of us?

Daisy said...

Oy! Sorry about that! I meant "don't YOU say they are" and wrote "but don't say YOU they are"...see previous posts about Christmas-retail-exhaustion. I work until closing tonight! I will be reduced to babbling idiocy by then.

Small point of pride: I have the ability to sell anything to anybody, if (as one of my former bosses used to say) I believe in the product or like it myself.

I just have an honest face! :P

Rosa said...

How do I not remember this song? I even listened to Slade at the time!

Merry Christmas Daisy!

JoJo said...

Have a peaceful holiday, Daisy. I'll try to be better about blogging too. It's just, Facebook has taken over my life. lol


Jackie said...

Congrats..... always a thrill to get linked or published in the right places. Hope you have many other wonderful surprises this Christmas :)

sheila said...

Awesome! And congrats on your shout outs! Merry Christmas !

Meowser said...

Slayed? Slader? Sladest!

How odd I've never heard this song before. What fun!

And happy holidaze Dazey!

ArrogantWorm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ArrogantWorm said...

Sorry, I'd misspelled Congratulations, left off the 'c' ;/

Congratulations, n'Happy Holidays, Daisy! <3

chaos said...

daisy, once again I love you! Can you convince the gals a feministe to cover the kind of convo they are having at twisty's? I also wasn't able to comment, but I was able to trackback to the comments at twistys.
Being the Mother to the 2 y.o. I am, its difficult to combine my thoughts and make a coherent post about it.

Merry Christmas, and a happy retail recovery