Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dead Air Church: St Francis Festival of Trees

I hereby apologize to my fabulous ongoing correspondents, blog-readers, blog-authors, and all the rest of you: Christmas in retail has kicked my ass, once again. When I get home, I have been fit for little more than ingesting WALL-E and The Dark Knight. Nothing interactive, all passive. This happens to me every year. I don't rightly know what a non-retail Christmas would be like, I've been doing it for so long. But it does leave me totally SPENT.

As I get older, it's harder to do, on a purely physical level. Add the fact that I am clumping along on a broken leg and... aiyee! Exhaustion looms.

However, as always, we took time out to visit the St Francis Festival of Trees last evening, and have a bite at the wonderful Stax Omega.

Enjoy the trees! The pink one was very cool, with pink feather boas all wrapped in it, but I am rather partial to the creativity of the scuba divers! Which do you like best?

Hope you are having a bang-up happy holiday season, my lovelies.


More trees at my Flickr page!


sheila said...

I didn't care much for the scuba diver one. Something about blow up dolls and Christmas don't mix. lol. Ironically I liked that pink one.

Do your shopping online next year. Its warm, you can snack, the toilet is close (and it's YOURS) can blog in between shopping! Voila!

Daisy said...

Do your shopping online next year.

Shopping is nothing, I was referring to my JOB and everyone ELSE shopping at the store where I work, lol. (I buy most of my gifts at my workplace, where I get a good discount anyway)

Dennis the Vizsla said...

I loved both WALL-E and The Dark Knight, but watching them together would be almost as depressing as the time we watched A Midnight Clear and then followed it with City of Angels hoping it would cheer us up.

ArrogantWorm said...

The blue and the green tree Win.

Amos Anon said...

I’m glad you’re interested in The Tibetan Book of the Dead. Here’s a link to a Guide that covers this book and other books of the Oxford Tibetan Series.
If you find this useful, please mention it on your blog.