Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why I love Wordless Wednesday (and more Jones Gap photos)

I am congenitally incapable of NOT commenting on adorable animal and child photos. And every other photo in the world, it would seem. I used to surf blogs and just comment at random... in the process, I learned that some folks don't really want stranger-comments on their blogs. To some (not me, certainly) it is like barging into their house. And so, I was thrilled to learn of Wordless Wednesday through Daisy the Curly Cat. I would compare it to a cozy room everyone (all over the world!) can enter, displaying photos to like-minded souls we know will be interested and appreciative. I imagine sharing a nice cup of coffee, sitting at a friendly kitchen table, as the terrific photos of adorable children, dogs, cats, vacations, art, nature, everyday life, are arranged on the table-top... and we inspect them; sharing, talking, wishing each other well.

So it's wordless, but not really. A picture is worth a thousand words, and the photos tell us what people truly treasure, what they choose to share with us. I am happy to enter the room, waving hello, showing my pretty pics.

Speaking of which, here are a few more photos from my All Saints Day visit to Jones Gap State Park. They are among the best photos I have ever taken, so I'm very proud! (More photos at my Flickr page, updated yesterday.) Jones Gap is in the Blue Ridge Mountains, on the border of North and South Carolina.

If you are here for Wordless Wednesday, welcome!

~*~





27 comments:

polerin said...

Ooooh. All pretty, but #6 is my favorite.

Lori said...

Gorgeous pictures.

Who are these crazy people who don't crave more bloggy love from whomever happens across their little corner of cyberspace? Comments, comments, bring on the comments, lol!

Bodhi said...

Pretty!

DNLee said...

Wow. you sound like...Me. And I love your photos. great shots. I have shots of trees, too. (How can you not, this time of year?)

Happy WW. Check out my Scenes of Autumn and Vote for me. I’m a finalist in a Blogging Scholarship. Visit this link and select Danielle Lee.

Thank You very much.
Have a great day.

Daisy said...

That stream is beautiful! I think WW is very fun, because we like to think of wacky or funny photos that speak for themselves. And I like to see what others post, too!

ps: thanks for the link!

Mark Bruno said...

Great photos. I love the Fall colors in the second pic.

Elizabeth Bonds said...

Thanks for stopping by my WW and leaving a comment. I am the baby of 5, now 4, children. I have a sister who just turned 40 and I just turned 26. You can see the gap there. I am guessing your little one is also around 26 then?

I love your pictures. I live in Northwest Akransas, so we have a ton of trails up mountains that look a lot like this. I rarely go in the fall, but I am going to before it gets too cold. Great images.

Happy WW.

Not Your Aunt Bea said...

Beautiful photos. Really transport you there. Happy WW!

Lifecruiser said...

I'm returning your kind comment on my WW: Great photos!

Red Lotus Mama said...

I like #5! Looks so peaceful. Happy WW and thanks for stopping by!

Sara, Bebe and Iago said...

We love the fall. Gorgeous pictures!

Mishelle Lane said...

Absolutely breathtaking!

Sara G said...

Beautiful photo's. Thank you for commenting on my blog!
Take care and Happy WW

Bryce said...

these are great, D.

PraiseFiddler said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment. I love your photos, especially the first one.

Babs (Beetle) said...

Wow! They are all beautiful and you are right to be proud of them :O)

I love getting comments on my blogs. I've made some lovely friends that way ;O)

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for the lovely nature walk.

Sheila said...

Absolutely beautiful! When we get to vacation, we love to go on the Blue Ridge Parkway. :)

Nino said...

Nice mountain scenery. I wanna go camping now... Happy WW!

Shinade said...

oh my Daisy,
I have found yet another litle world that is yours. This make me very happy.

And my oh my you took some great pictures. I can't pick a favorite. they are all just too beautiful to pick one.

thank you also Daisy for stopping over to see me. Now I am going to listen to some of your Neil Young music.

Who by the way just happens to be one of my faves too!!

Happy WW:-)))

dianne - bunny trails said...

Those are absolutely stunning! I couldn't pick a favorite; they're all beautiful. Looks like a wonderful place to hang out.

Thanks for dropping by. :D

Gattina said...

Just beautiful !! I am commentless !

shubd said...

Lovely pics here Daisy . Nature is always captivating .
I loved the 1st pic in the 2nd column. The beam of light and the color of Autumn leaves is absolutely so full of promise and hope .

Thanks for your visit Daisy . Do stop by again .

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Great pictures. I miss the forests back east!

twobarkingdogs said...

very nice!

ZJ said...

Welcome to WW, Daisy!
Imagine my surprise when you mentioned my entry :) Thanks a lot. Awesome photos - these let me see your part of the world... I am looking forward to more WW photos from you.

FudTrips
Sreisaat Adventures

Candy Cook said...

Thanks for the link and might I add, I love your photos. They're gorgeous!