Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why I love Wordless Wednesday (and more Jones Gap photos)

I am congenitally incapable of NOT commenting on adorable animal and child photos. And every other photo in the world, it would seem. I used to surf blogs and just comment at random... in the process, I learned that some folks don't really want stranger-comments on their blogs. To some (not me, certainly) it is like barging into their house. And so, I was thrilled to learn of Wordless Wednesday through Daisy the Curly Cat. I would compare it to a cozy room everyone (all over the world!) can enter, displaying photos to like-minded souls we know will be interested and appreciative. I imagine sharing a nice cup of coffee, sitting at a friendly kitchen table, as the terrific photos of adorable children, dogs, cats, vacations, art, nature, everyday life, are arranged on the table-top... and we inspect them; sharing, talking, wishing each other well.

So it's wordless, but not really. A picture is worth a thousand words, and the photos tell us what people truly treasure, what they choose to share with us. I am happy to enter the room, waving hello, showing my pretty pics.

Speaking of which, here are a few more photos from my All Saints Day visit to Jones Gap State Park. They are among the best photos I have ever taken, so I'm very proud! (More photos at my Flickr page, updated yesterday.) Jones Gap is in the Blue Ridge Mountains, on the border of North and South Carolina.

If you are here for Wordless Wednesday, welcome!

~*~