Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dead Air Church: It's all over now, Baby Blue

After a serious incident last night, I sat down and promptly drew the eight of cups, which signifies journeying and departures. I have always liked that this card is found among the suit of CUPS, meaning that it is considered a good thing; a positive cup-overflowing departure, not a bad one.

Important to make that designation. In real life, I think we categorize leave-taking as a bad thing. So, we bring things to a head and we deliberately start fights, to force unwanted people away. It seems easier to oust a person from your home after a fight, than it is to politely ask them to leave when they have worn out their welcome.

If we just could figure out when we have worn out our welcome and stayed too long, such nasty confrontations would not be necessary. But many of us were never schooled in these social graces. For instance, I never know the right length of time to hang around, and I am usually one of the last to leave. ("I'm here for the party! And I ain't leavin till they throw. me. out!") I've been warned about this all my life. Maybe someday, I'll learn.

For now, I go to one of my lifelong muses, for his comforting words.

Have a great sabbath, everyone.

~*~

You must leave now, take what you need
you think will last.
But whatever you wish to keep
you better grab it fast.
Yonder stands your orphan with his gun
Crying like a fire in the sun
Look out, the saints are coming through
And it's all over now, Baby Blue

The highway is for gamblers,
better use your sense.
Take what you have gathered from coincidence
The empty-handed painter from your streets
Is drawing crazy patterns on your sheets
This sky, too, is folding under you
And it's all over now, Baby Blue

All your seasick sailors,
they are rowing home.
All your reindeer armies,
are all going home.
The lover who just walked out your door
Has taken all his blankets from the floor
The carpet, too, is moving under you
And it's all over now, Baby Blue

Leave your stepping stones behind,
something calls for you.
Forget the dead you've left--
they will not follow you.
The vagabond who's rapping at your door
Is standing in the clothes that you once wore.
Strike another match, go start anew
And it's all over now, Baby Blue.


~*~

It's all over now, Baby Blue - Bob Dylan

[via FoxyTunes / Bob Dylan]

13 comments:

Bryce said...

ok D-what happened?

i like the song u linked much better than the song u posted! *ducks*

Daisy said...

I'll tell you/show you, but only if you come over here and soothe my nerves! :D

Bryce said...

if u insist-gimme 1/2 hour!

thene said...

I'm not sure how something being in the suit of Cups automatically makes it a good thing. Water can be dark, poisoned, treacherous, fatal or just plain bad. (As I remembered last night when my husband, putting away the weedwhacker, dropped a live plug in the MIL's pool while I was raking out with a long metal pole. Fortunately I was wearing shoes, for once).

I think water can be as evil-minded as any other element. :)

Vanessa said...

Hope this doesn't mean you're leaving blogging!

Sigh. This is all just giving me agita.

Daisy said...

Vanessa, nobody gets off that easy!

But, I should have more time for more posts than I did before!

Kim said...

Hey Daisy.

I still LOVES you.
And Anna and Zuzu and Carter.
Nothing has changed.

Zuzu, she says "Daisy? I show u mah white toe! THERES! Nowz, u feelz alllllll betterz!"

You should see Zu's big proud smile!
She thinks her white toe fixes everything!

For you:

http://bastantealready.blogspot.com/2008/07/for-daisy.html

Drakyn said...

*hugs Daisy*

matttbastard said...

Glad you ain't goin' anywhere (with regards to blogging, anyway).

:)

antiprincess said...

peace to you daisy.

I'm so sorry I've been out of the loop and stuff lately.

JoJo said...

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I'm the opposite of you...I have a very short attention span and am usually one of the first to leave a gathering. I'm always the first to arrive too.

Marion said...

The eight of cups also signifies, in my deck, creative solutions to problems can be found. That particular one is a favourite...

Hope things are better!

Octogalore said...

Daisy, I can't imagine you wearing out your welcome. Seriously. With me you've got a lifetime guarantee -- if you want it that is.