Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stuff I like

:: Natural Factors chewable Vitamin C. The Boysenberry makes me happiest!

:: Sounds True meditation music, especially the kundalini meditations.

:: The HP Lovecraft Tarot, which I want in the worst way, but not enough to spend $1000 for it (new), or even $350 (used). (I hope Cthulhu won't take it personally; it's never a good thing to be on his bad side.)

:: My surrogate son, South Carolina Boy, writes very personally about familial stress, shifting identities and transition: A Real Trans Person and Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth.

:: Masada bagels, particularly the Everything bagel and the Cinnamon Raisin! mmmmm

:: Theraneem products, which cured my eczema. I can't recommend them highly enough, for any troublesome skin issue you might have.

:: URBAN FARM, a magazine almost as much fun as Mary Jane's Farm. (Our local equivalent is from Hendersonville, NC: Back Home.)

:: BeeWell Honey, from Pickens County, SC. Besides scrumptious wildflower honey, the best thing in Pickens County is Glassy Mountain. (NOTE: This is not to be confused with Glassy Mountain in Greenville County, which was once stunningly beautiful, but now totally ruined by rich people, golfers and enormous McMansions; Kevin Costner and Tiger Woods are frequent visitors and investors.)

:: Barbara Lynn, known as the Queen of Gulf Coast Blues and Soul.

~*~

You'll lose a good thing - Barbara Lynn (1962)

5 comments:

JoJo said...

Brian has terrible trouble w/ very itchy skin. It's one of the side effects of HCV. And the interferon he took in 2004 for the HCV also left him w/ other weird skin issues. Would the herb you mentioned that I now forget but was called theera-something, help? We are going thru bottles of Lubriderm and tubes of hydrocortisone cream like crazy.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

funny how the older you get the things that mean the most to you are stuff you wouldn't care about 30 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Weird. Or not :D

I'd never heard of Urban Farm before about an hour ago, but my sweetie saw it today and bought me a copy. It's sitting in front of me right now, next to the computer...

DaisyDeadhead said...

Jojo, yeah, check link! The plant itself called Neem, which is a miracle-worker. Theraneem makes it into soaps, lotions, gels, shampoos, etc. They also market the straight Neem oil, which he could also use on his skin: I would mix it with Jojoba, Sesame or another carrier oil. Even straight olive oil is okay if you'd rather not buy anything else. (About 10 drops of Neem to every ounce of unscented carrier oil; it's a bit strong to put directly on the skin, although people do.)

Anon, great minds think alike! :) Try Mary Jane's Farm, too; she gets extra points with me for having such long braids!

www.muebles-en-zamora.com said...

Really effective information, much thanks for the article.