Saturday, October 23, 2010

Steely Dan should have won the Nobel Prize

For some reason, woke up with Larry Carlton's killer riffs from this song all in my head. I think I must have dreamed about it.

I'd like to give him some special DEAD AIR award for playing guitar like that: LARRY CARLTON IS THE MAN.

Loooove this song, and I've played it here before.


Can you hear the evil crowd
The lies and the laughter
I hear my inside
The mechanized hum of another world
Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
Here in this darkness
I know what I've done
I know all at once who I am


Don't Take Me Alive - Steely Dan

Have a great weekend!


Marion said...

Thanks for posting "Don't take Me Alive"'s been years since I've heard it. And I absolutely love anything by Steely Dan and totally agree with you!!

D. said...

I have that CD, and uploaded it finally. Very familiar with the chorus; not at all familiar with the verses. Hmmmmmm.

Doc Anchovy said...

On that album and for Larry Carlton, I gotta' go with Kid Charlemagne. Besides being based upon a bust that Owsley Stanley was involved in, it's got a great guitar solo. Especially the end hooks.

Know where Steely Dan got their name and what it refers to? Alfred Nobel would be guffawing in his grave.

white rabbit said...


The Nobel Prize for what?

DaisyDeadhead said...

WR for Larry Carlton's guitar playing of course.

(It goes without saying that the Nobel categories need to be changed, and guitarists, drummers, bassists, etc given awards for artistic achievement.)

DaisyDeadhead said...

Doc, yeah, I do know. :D And hey, did you know the line in STAR WARS ("These aren't the droids you're looking for") was supposedly inspired by Owsley, saying something similar to a cop? ("These aren't the acidheads you're looking for.")

Ah, the Owsley legend lives on. (I do love that song!)

buzzingstreet said...

Dear Visitor,
Market is showing some good move. Nifty traders are now confused if they should go short in Nifty from current level of 5400 or should go further long. NSE and BSE are the two major stock exchanges of Indian stock market. Keeping in mind that many investors and traders are very much confused with the current market move, we have stared posting " title="technical research reports"> technical research reports These reports are highly accurate and are available for free.

Stock market investment if done with proper research and updated knowledge than it can give very lucrative results. There are four basic golden rules of stock market which are to be followed. (

Nifty is on its peak now and is turning volatile. Investors are suggested to book long delivery positions soon. As after some more upmove we can see profit booking in the market soon. Investors are suggested to grab quality stocks at lower level again.