Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: Stained glass

Stained glass windows from St Mary's in Greenville, SC.

Below, in order:

Christ stills the tempest
Jesus carries His cross
Our Lady of Sorrows
Acts 1:3 - He showed himself alive
Our Lady of Good Counsel



Caio Fernandes said...

hi! what a great blog!!

mikeb302000 said...

I love stained glass windows in Catholic Churches

sheila said...

Oh how beautiful! I love the ornate details in stained glass. I could seriously look at it for hours.

Marion said...

Lovely! I'm always in awe of the dedication of the artists who created these very intricate stained glass panels.

Rachel said...

I love this...makes me want to go check it out.

SandyCarlson said...

Those are lovely windows. I wonder about the artists who dream in stained glass. The fragments coming together. Very lovely.