Wednesday, February 13, 2008

DEADHEAD BROWNIES!!!!

Nooooo, not those kind!!! What did you all think I meant, anyway?!?!? ;)

I refer to lovely LM, at left, local Deadhead Brownie. Brownie as in a tiny Girl Scout. LM gives us the 3-fingered Girl Scout salute, and holds up coveted GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!! In particular, my favorites: CARAMEL DELITES! Tiny little cookies that are a bang-up nutritional bargain at 75 calories each, 9.5 carbs and 3.5 grams of fat (yes, saturated). Experience has shown me that you can never have enough Caramel Delites. Every Deadhead household needs multiple boxes!

And I always do my part.

Please matronize your local Girl Scouts, and buy lots of cookies!

----------------
Listening to: Grateful Dead - China Cat Sunflower
via FoxyTunes

10 comments:

skippy said...

pls. give me a few days and i'll put your blog on my roll, daisy!

Daisy said...

She is pretty! I wish I was allowed to eat cookies, because they sound very delicious. Happy Valentine's Day!

Bryce said...

adorable!

Daisy said...

Bryce, are you really up this early, or did you not go to sleep yet? :P

Renegade Evolution said...

You know EXACTLY what kind of brownies I thought you meant! LOL.

CrackerLilo said...

Oh, so cute!

One of my favorite parts of February besides Valentine's Night and the Daytona 500...

karloff said...

Very cute, we have an inside connection to the cookies in our home. I have a maximum limit, but they can be tough to resist.

La Lubu said...

Heh. I thought you meant "those" kind of brownies, too. ;-)

I've got a Brownie, and of course had to load up on the Carmel Delights. Thin mints too.

Now for the other kind of brownies, there's a story about a certain Christmas Eve in my Local, on a large job with a certain brother with a certain reputation who brought in a platterful. Everyone knew (or strongly suspected) what very special brownies these were....except for one of the engineers on the job. He was from out of town. Upon seeing the brownies, he said, "wow! great! yum!" and grabbed two handfuls. He scarfed them down quickly. They found him later on when doing the lock-up walkthrough, sitting on the floor by himself and laughing his ass off. He never mentioned the brownies, but he stopped coming around at breaktime. Lucky for him, it was a short walk from the jobsite to his hotel!

RonF said...

I'm chomping down my box of Trefoils as we speak.

If only some cute little gamin like that was who plyed me for my $4. I'd have probably emptied my wallet. No, mom showed up with her sales sheet at work and extorted a box from me. That's O.K. I'll get her for popcorn or a Christmas wreath for the Troop later in the year.

Yeah, I thought you meant those kinds of brownies, too. I was going to ask to compare recipes.

angryyoungwoman said...

Wow, I was a brownie when I was a kid, too. And those are my favorite kind of cookie! I'm going to have to get some.