Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Christmas Present

How do you like it? I just got it about an hour ago, so pardon the raw appearance!

~*~

My Christmas present is a tattoo, my fourth. It is an Om (also called Aum) symbol, as popularly written in Devanāgarī. An Om/Aum means many things. It is recognized in Hinduism (as well as the Eastern religions that branched off from it), as the all-encompassing, the All-One. It is a sign of the Infinite, of all that is.

Of which I am a very small part, and that's a good thing to keep in mind.

My purpose in getting this tattoo is to have an actual physical reminder of that fact, so that I won't forget the nature of the Infinite and instead place myself at the center of the universe. Which is one of those things I like to do.

As Bob Dylan said, it's life and life only.

----------------
Listening to: The Pretenders - Tattooed Love Boys
via FoxyTunes

15 comments:

Vanessa said...

Ohhh, pretty! I need a new tattoo myself

Renegade Evolution said...

i like the color

nixwilliams said...

that's lovely, daisy!

abstractjenn said...

Daisy it's lovely. I've been thinking I need another tattoo (I have four) seeing yours just confirmed it!

Seems like a great present.

antiprincess said...

congratulations! it's beautiful.

Elaine Vigneault said...

What a great Christmas present.

thene said...

So pretty. And you have lovely hair.

Octogalore said...

Really lovely.

ms.cripchick said...

l-o-v-e the color

DaisyDeadhead said...

Yall are so nice! Thank you! :)

LadyBanana said...

That's nice :) I've toyed with the idea of getting one but never thought of anything I'd like to have forever embellished on my skin..

belledame222 said...

v. nice! love the color.

Sassywho said...

great ink, puts me in the mood for another one.

bint alshamsa said...

@#&*$!!!

My damned lupus means I can't get any tattoos. I've been wanting one since I was a little girl and I can't even have ONE.

I am green with envy, Ms. Daisy!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS COOL. I'M SOOOO JEALOUS I WANT TO GET ONE TWO LIKE YOURS. IT IS A VERY NICE CHRISTMAS PRESENT. I ONLY HAVE ONE SO FAR THINK ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER ONE THANKS FORR THE IDEA.


BYE