Sunday, May 9, 2010

Daisy repeats herself

I started to blog about this weekend's Artisphere, and then realized I already blogged about that here. Next weekend, going to St George's Greek Festival, which I already blogged about here.

Also, next weekend is my neighborhood's annual invasion by the PGA-tour, which I have blogged about here and here.

Good Lord, am I boring or what? I keep doing the same things over and over again.

One fun thing I did was see Iron Man 2, under duress from Mr Daisy. (I blogged about the first one here.) Little-known indie-actor SAM ROCKWELL steals the movie from the other big-shot Oscar nominees! He's really fantastic as industrialist Justin Hammer; I especially loved it when he dances out onto the stage to introduce his new Iron Man drone-prototypes. Give that man an award!

If you have never seen Rockwell's uncanny portrayal of real-life game-show host Chuck Barris (yes, that Chuck Barris) in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002), I highly recommend it. Very entertaining. (No, I am not saying I believe Barris' tall tales, but they sure are fun.) Also recommended is Rockwell's characterization of astronaut Sam Bell in Moon (2009), a film made by Duncan Jones (whom some of us recall used to be named Zowie Bowie). I won't ruin the story for you, but if anyone ever asks you to manage a space station on the far side of the moon, tell them you have other plans.

And as always, I got earworms!

Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show



Hope your weekend is good!

5 comments:

YogaforCynics said...

To me, the best part of the first Iron Man movie was Robert Downey's understated "I am Iron Man" followed by the iconic deh deh DEH DEH DEH riff at the very end...like the whole silly movie was merely the set-up for a Black Sabbath joke.

Not sure if that's enough to keep me from waiting 'til I can Netflix the sequel, though...

D. said...

Heh. I'm still catching up with some of last year's movies--I finally saw Coraline, complete with butterflies coming out of the screen.

JoJo said...

I confess that I didn't even know that an Iron Man I had come out. I'm really not a movie person I guess.

Hope you had a great weekend Daisy!

Rachel said...

I don't think it's repeating yourself if it's a different year, even if it is the same festival. They sound like fun.

(haha, word verification: whines)

Mister Charlie said...

great song! ty