Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How I spent my summer vacation

My three-year-old granddaughter Victoria is here for the week. As I twittered to the masses, HOW ON EARTH do these famous old broads my age (Holly Hunter, et. al.) manage to handle hyper-energetic preschoolers?

Ah yes. Nannies.

I am too old for this.

Meanwhile, the kitten loves her, but doesn't seem to realize that he should not frolic directly underfoot--she isn't exactly watching her step as she gallops pell-mell through the premises. (I keep expecting to find squashed kitten. Not a happy thought.)

Of course, they are both babies and on some level, seem to realize this and seek the other's company. It's too cute for words.

Other adorable things she does: When cranky and crying, she wails brokenheartedly, "I need a NAP! I need a NAP!" (Certainly, I know the feeling.)

When credits appear on screen after a movie or TV show, she points melodramatically and announces, "We did it and ON TIME!" I don't know if this is in impersonation of a parent or what, but it's as darling as the dickens.

Hope to get back to normal after the 4th of July. Right now, I am swimming in snack-foods of various animal-shapes.

How do the mommy-bloggers manage?

Oh yeah, youth!

























24 comments:

Anya said...

Soooooooo sweet words
lovely pictures.....
Beautiful girl :)

Sherry said...

How cute! She is adorable and looks like she is having fun with the kitten! :D

EastCoastLife said...

Such an active and pretty girl. I'm looking forward to my grandchildren. I will probably have to wait another decade. :)

~SHANNON~ said...

Kids are exhausting- but your granddaughter is SO cute! I love her crying that she needs a nap! That is hysterical!! At least that is a cry easily solvable!!

Have fun with her!

sheila said...

What a sweet post Daisy! I love that pic of your GD sleeping...the kitty is looking as if to say...OH COME ON! I'm finally getting to relax, put that damn camera down!

Daisy said...

Ah, there is not much cuter than a little girl and a kitten!

Marion said...

This post reminds me of my granddaughter's visits...they were always chock full of energy. I was the one crying for a nap, lol!

Is there anything better than photos of a little girl and a kitten? She's adorable...and so is the kitten!

I know you'll have so much fun...and when she goes home, I know you will enjoy the rest!

Nurse Mommy said...

that is precious! Happy WW!
http://www.thenursemommy.com/2009/06/wordless-wednesday_30.html

CrackerLilo said...

Few things are more wonderful than a little girl and a kitten together. They'll wear each other out! Just don't let her do like my brother as a toddler and play "Helicopter" with your new kitteh!

At least she recognizes when she needs a nap.

I'm 35 and L'Ailee's 34, and about the only thing we love more than our friends' children is being able to *give them back*. :-)

trancedental wisdomkeeperandother foolishness said...

Love your site...Im an old broad as well and a eternal hippie..love the grand child, my granddaughter is 4 months old,,,

ceacea

Sara Bonds said...

What a cute post! I love the photos.

Happy WW from Sara @ The Mostly Wordless Wednesday H.Q.!

The Bumbles said...

There's nothing a kitten deserves more than a preschooler! Bundles of energy like that are a match made in heaven. The bottom right one is my favorite of the bunch.

Renee said...

First let me say that she is to cute for words.

As for how mommy bloggers do it, when you find a post of mine filled with errors just know that I wrote it with either Barney in the background or screaming at the boys not to touch each other as they compete to drive me right over the edge. Yeah blogging with kids is not for the faint at heart.

Sue said...

Cute pics, and she sounds adorable. Little girls can be a handful, but they are so darn cute.

Happy WW!

antiprincess said...

she's beautiful like you.

Amber Rhea said...

I'm dying to know where she got the "We did it and ON TIME!" thing. That is hilarious.

And I love the picture of the kitten looking up at her expectantly.

belledame222 said...

awwwww!!

SnowdropExplodes said...

That much cute should be illegal!!!

*swoons from cuteness overload*

Rootietoot said...

I look forward to being a grandmother, for the simple reason that I will be able to give them back.

onangelwings said...

very very cute.

All kids love animals what great captures.

Octogalore said...

She is indeed a doll! I think she looks like you, have you heard that before?

Vanessa said...

You guys look the same.

And how do mommybloggers do it? Blog after dark. While drinking and/or snarfing chocolate.

ArrogantWorm said...

Awwww, s'cute ^.^ Happy holidays!

CyberCelt said...

Cutie pie! Isn't it nice when they go home, though?