Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Half Step Productions

.... is the name of our new PRODUCTION COMPANY, yeah!

This is a reference to the Grateful Dead song (below) as well as a covert 12-Step reference.

It used to be said, in 12-Step circles, that whenever you 'worked' a particular step of the 12 Steps in a half-hearted or otherwise incomplete, namby-pamby fashion, you were taking a "half-step." I don't know if this slang is still in use. I always liked the term because of the song, even if it was considered a put-down; I figured a half-step is better than none at all. (Humorous aside: "13th step" was when a sponsor and sponsoree decided to get it on.)

When my talented consigliere, Gregg Jocoy, asked me what the name of the production company should be, the song was playing (on the radio show) and of course, it just seemed right.

~*~

Grateful Dead - Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleoo (Studio)

4 comments:

JoJo said...

Lost my boots in transit, babe,
Pile of smokin' ash
Nail a retread to my feet
And pray for better weather!!!

I LOVE that song!!!!!!

Conseglieri said...

Get on board folks. Buy your shares in Halfstep Productions now while they are cheap!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DaisyDeadhead said...

Dear stalker,

Really, this is getting old, and you need some new material.

I have deleted your latest illiterate comment, since this time you signed it with someone else's name, who did NOT write it.

The name you used is the name of a published author who would NEVER leave such a message, since he understands the rules of grammar and spelling, as you clearly do not. I hope you realize he could sue you for that? And you know, he just might, since I have alerted him someone is harassing women under his name. A public figure who depends on his name-recognition might take that shit personally, you know?

I am somewhat flattered you have visited my blog 150 times now, but I hope you know how crazy and obsessed that makes you look?

Next illiterate message, I print your IP address and location, as well as the Google map to your house. And although you have stalked me mainly from home, you were also dumb enough to log in a couple of times from a second location... is this your JOB? Are you actually stupid enough to stalk me from your JOB????

I looked up this second location, have the name, address and phone of the business... so if you want to get fired for dicking around on the job and harassing women instead of working, leave another stalker-message and you will get your wish. Like I always say, why go to law enforcement when we can do far better and compromise your livelihood? :)

To the peanut gallery: Honestly, stalkers are getting DUMBER every day, but having three different website trackers on this site helps... I could never have narrowed his location down with just one. To bloggers: get a bunch of trackers! It really helps in situations like this.

Ain't modern technology a GAS?