Friday, February 10, 2012

Stray Cat Strut

Stray Cat Strut - The Stray Cats

As my late mother, the musician, would say (and did, the first time she ever heard this song), DO YOU HEAR the difference in a big-ass stand-up bass (as she called it) and a regular electric bass? Ka-thump, ka-thump, ka-THUMP.

Lovingly dedicated to one of the greatest cats of all time, Maurice. He was named after the old Steve Miller song, wherein Some people call me Maurice/Cause I speak of the pompitous of love. He sure did. But mostly he would "slink down the alley looking for a fight/Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night." I owned Maurice at the time the song came out, and used to sing it to him. (He knew the song was all about him.)

Of course, cat people know that he really owned ME.

And I miss him.

I send him my most loving Deadhead vibes in his next lives and hope to someday meet him again.


JoJo said...

This song so reminds me of my senior year in high school and freshman year in college!!

white rabbit said...

Dos a cat have 9 next lives?

catsynth said...

I love this one! The music is great - I do recognize a bad-ass standup bass when I hear it - and of course the cat pictures to go with it. Maurice sounds like a he was a great cat. Sending him good vibes.

albert said...

It's nice to find a site you can trust.Visit this site was recommended by a friend so I tried it.They provide a Animal Control Texas, Rodent Control Austin, Bee Removal Austin and Wildlife Removal Austin at affordable price.