Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Mark, a Yen, a Buck or a Pound

Unfortunately, all the YouTube clips from the actual film, have "embedding disabled by request"--which means this one will probably get pulled eventually too. But I thought I'd try anyway... I played this on my radio show! I LOVE THIS!!!!

From the film Cabaret (1972)--here is a song we can all relate to in these harsh economic times.

Money - Liza Minelli and Joel Grey (from "Cabaret")

For the entire movie clip in context, featuring wonderful Bob Fosse-choreography and fabulous Weimar Republic-inspired fashions--go here.


Mama Moretti said...

I love it too - so much fun.

Danny said...

I just saw this for the first time about a year or two ago. Not a bad movie.

JoJo said...

Money? What is money? I don't have any so I don't know what it is. lol

zhinxy said...

Ah! We are getting uncomfortably close to Germany in the 20's... I mean in terms of insecurities, debt, inflation, and malaise, but to those who see it as an opportunity, they'll say it's the decadence. They always do.

Oh, but all the songs in Cabaret are fabulous, Tomorrow Belongs To Me perhaps too fabulous, it's been adopted by many actual Neo Nazis, Im told.

Turmeric said...

Right, it wasn't a bad movie at all! In fact, I and my friends did like it. :)