Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Tunes: Happy Birthday Del McCoury!

Del McCoury, bluegrass legend, is 72 years old today! Happy Birthday Uncle Delano!

Del McCoury Band - All Aboard



~*~

If you aren't hard-core enough for bluegrass, try some SCOTS:

Southern Culture on the Skids - My neighbor burns trash



My neighbor burns trash
In a barrel out back
On a mighty fine day
there's a toxic haze
around my house and my house and my house
A mighty fine way
to mess up a mighty nice day
My neighbor burns trash
in a barrel out back


I know exactly what they mean.

7 comments:

JoJo said...

I LOVE Del McCoury!!! Bluegrass is so awesome. I'm not a huge fan of country music, but I do love bluegrass.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

Im not real big on blue grass..some I really like and some is really annoying.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7xrQY_FLM4&feature=related

for us old folks
lee tucker

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dael4sb42nI

O.R.,

Doc Anchovy said...

I love Southern Culture On The Skids. They used to play a bar I went to in Bellingham, Wa., a couple of times a year.

kousalya said...

Thank you for posting such a useful, impressive and a wicked article./Wow.. looking good!

Birthday Gift Ideas

Dave Dubya said...

Ah, the smell of burning plastic and garbage wafts over my place too. I guess it's too much trouble taking it all forty feet to the road for pick up.