Sunday, June 6, 2010

HeroesCon 2010

HeroesCon in Charlotte was jolly fun. I had never been before, and it was much larger than I expected.

I was pleased as punch to meet so many LADY COMIC BOOK ARTISTS!!!!!

~*~

Photos below:

1) Walkin Willie Comix sign reads: Visit our website or we'll shoot this dog!

(For godsake, in the name of all that is holy, save the dog!!!)

2) Stephanie Gladden, author of GIRLS OF MONSTER PARADISE.

3) John Bintz, author of DAWN'S DICTIONARY DRAMA.

4) Rachelle Rosenberg. (Her heroine looks just like her!)

5) Jill Thompson, Scary Godmother.

6) This particular Catwoman was very popular at the Con! Pictured with--??? Not sure... obviously, one of her many evil minions.

Just since I posted her on Flickr late last night, she's had numerous views. (She's as popular on Flickr as she was at the Con!)

7) Adorable little Robin!

8) Sara Richard, one of my favorite artists at the Con.

9) Liz Baillie, who seemed amazed I wanted to take her photo!

Yes, Liz, you are now a bona fide DEAD AIR STAR!!!!!

10) Marvel Digital Comics creator Laura Martin, with fans.

11) Fun Con costumes!

12) Acid Pop Tart--yes, in the flesh!

~*~

My new profile pic was taken about a block from the convention center, next to a lovely fountain. Our crew chowed down amidst Starfleet Command at FUEL in downtown Charlotte, a restaurant located in what looked to be a large, converted old church. Good eats!

And a splendid time was had by all! :)

(My Flickr page)