Wednesday, January 13, 2010

General notice

In Feminist Blogdonia, the melodrama over Mary Daly's death has been fairly extreme.

Although many of the drama-majors have very good points, many have also been intentionally mean, vicious, childish, self-centered, solipsistic and politically backward. I'd link, but won't give them the satisfaction.

Suffice to say, I have done a huge reevaluation of my involvement on some of these blogs, and probably will not personally participate on these blogs in the future except to read and generally keep up.

There is no reason, I repeat, no reason to randomly attack people on blogs. If you were bullied as a kid or young person, that is still no excuse to act that same bullying and viciousness out on others. If you are a malcontent, I feel for you, but don't expect me to have respect for sheer emotion divorced from all true political action. Show me the creds. What have you done? If you can't point to something IN REAL LIFE that you have managed to do (the net is safe and anonymous, one reason why you feel free to behave like an asshole), yet you fulminate constantly about your supposed "oppression"* blah blah blah, I do not take you seriously as a political activist. I am laughing at you as a dilettante and fraud. Got it?

Yes, you know who you are.


~*~


*addressed to anyone not on Facebook, that I can't actually verify exists in real life in the form they present themselves on the net (proof that people IRL actually KNOW THEM). I am beginning to believe that several of these troublemakers are total made-up fakes, since there is no real-life record of their existence. If they bellyache that it's too daaaaaangerous for them, try a pseudonym, as many (including me) have done. I want proof you EXIST.

No proof, then as far as I am concerned, you don't.