Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Music: The Story in Your Eyes

Extremely busy this weekend...I barely got home in time for the Mad Men season finale, which I found disappointing. In fact, I can't remember the last season finale (or any other finale) that I've enjoyed. The worst in history was Battlestar Galactica, which was so upsetting in it's overall badness that I didn't even blog about it.

Hope to get to a longer blog post tomorrow. In the meantime, I heard this on the indispensable radio show FLASHBACK as I dozed off to dreamland last night. And I was reminded of how much I love it.

Enjoy!

~*~

The Story in Your Eyes - The Moody Blues

7 comments:

JoJo said...

This is such a great tune! One of my faves for sure!

Owen said...

Excellent song, I still have all my old Moody Blues records on vinyl that I got as they came out (as birthday presents when I was like ten or eleven or twelve...) Tons of good tunes on those disks...

D. said...

I've been playing the various Moody Blues videos all morning (interspersed with Journey, Tina Turner, and "We Are the World" with subtitles, because otherwise I have to consider that our representatives in Congress have way too much in common with baboons, and that way lies RANT); I really do need to get Days of Future Past. Their harmonies...ah!

Kia said...

We'll have to disagree about the MM season finale, I found so much to enjoy.

And even what I didn't enjoy, The Drapers midnight confrontation for instance, I found riveting. From Cooper's country club version of thuggery, giving Harry Crane the option of coming aboard or being tied up in a closet over night to Trudy's hat, cake & upfront eavesdropping, Aug 2010 can't come soon enough!

Buzzardbilly said...

I don't watch Mad Men because I'm mad at them for always taking the awards that I think should go to Dexter. Dexter has yet to deliver a bad season finale.

BTW, I did a blog a week or so ago on the Meat Puppet's album "Sewn Together" and thought that if you hadn't heard of them or it you might just like it. It's got a great vibe.

DaisyDeadhead said...

BuzzardBilly, thanks, will be over to listen! I blogged about how much I love the Meat Puppets' "Backwater" here. :)

queen emily said...

Battlestar Galactica was really shite, weren't it.