Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dead Air Church - Peace in the Valley

I decided I needed to do some real religion for Dead Air Church this week. So, I have used the occasion of Elvis's birthday (which was January 8th) to bring you one of my grandmother's favorite hymns. As some of you know, she is the namesake of this blog.

I always think of her when I hear it. She adored Elvis's version.

I have become addicted to Reverend Billy's Rhythm Revival, broadcast late on Saturday nights on WNCW. I love Reverend Billy, who lives by such excellent rules as W.W.E.D. (What Would Elvis Do?)... He played this song at the end of his show, and I drifted peacefully off to sleep.

In addition, the legendary Jordanaires sound utterly terrific!

Have an excellent and peaceful Sabbath.

~*~

Peace in the Valley - Elvis Presley