Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bah humbug, pretty version

At left: photo from our March 2008 candlelight vigil for the Iraq war, here in Greenville. Each candle represented a fallen soldier.


For those of you who aren't so thrilled with the holiday hoopla--for whatever reason--the following song is likely the loveliest version of "Bah Humbug" you will ever hear.

The beautiful instrumental refrain is from Sergei Prokofiev's Lieutenant Kijé Suite (1933).


I believe in Father Christmas - Emerson, Lake and Palmer


screamin puma said...

very nice.

sheila said...

I always liked that version, but it's even nicer when set with the pics.

JoJo said...

OK so this song makes me weep. I have the 45, although mine is by Lake, solo.

Ted said...

Cosmic. I finally pop by and there are the candles.

mikeb302000 said...

Thanks for the great music; beautiful video. My kids are hoping for snow, but it's rare where we live. One day during the Christmas holidays I think I'll take them to the mountains to play in it. That'll be a gift for me too.

sheila said...

Oh, and I left you an award over at my place if you're interested.