Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Dead Air: Alice's Restaurant

What kind of hippie am I, that I didn't post this last year?

Happy Thanksgiving, and if you have 20 minutes, have a listen. (Remember, it's all true!) I apologize for Arlo's rather impersonal use of the word "faggots"--which might be why I didn't use it last year. This was recorded in 1967, two years before Stonewall. In the newer version, Arlo quit saying it. I am offering the original here, for historical accuracy.

See you when I get back from Atlanta, where I am taking myself and my clunky leg cast. It's healing VERY slowly, which is undoubtedly due to the fact that it wasn't properly set for 5 days. Argh. But I know if I don't go, I'll feel worse than if I do!

PS: LEAVE THE TURKEYS ALONE, they are innocent and didn't do anything to you!

~*~

Alice's Restaurant, part 1 - Arlo Guthrie



Alice's Restaurant, part 2