Friday, May 9, 2008

Hillary plays the race card

Hillary claims the support of hardworking white people in this clip from a May 7th conversation with USA TODAY: "I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," she says in the interview, which cites an article by the Associated Press. The article supposedly outlines (in Hillary's words) "how Senator Obama’s support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."

"There’s a pattern emerging here," she said.

Tuesday night, during coverage of the North Carolina and Indiana primaries, Democratic strategist Paul Begala announces on CNN that the Obama Democrats "can't win with eggheads and African-Americans." Superdelegate Donna Brazile responds by (very politely, with oodles of class) ripping him a new one:

Listening to: Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven
via FoxyTunes


white rabbit said...

Daisy - this may be of interest - I already posted it to another American blogger but by the miracle of copy and paste...

An opinion poll on how the British would vote if they could was published today...

Democratic Primaries: Obama 48%Clinton 35%

Presidential Election version A: Clinton 56% McCain 20%

Presidential Election version B: Obama 54% McCain 19%

CrackerLilo said...

"So, I am about to do something very bold in this job that I've never done before: Try."--Jim Halpert

Well, hell, my mom always told me I'm lazy, and then the Personality Self-Portrait book said my leading personality type is "Leisurely." So *that's* why I voted for Obama! Still doesn't explain my wife and some of our friends, though.

Amber said...

I heart Donna Brazile.

Did you see her on the Colbert Report the other night? She was brilliant!

credit savvy said...

wow that is probably on the money

credit repair