Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Pharyngula Mutating Genre Meme

Vanessa tagged me with my very first meme! I am thrilled! It's like when you're 12 and you finally get invited to the slumber party.

~*~


There are a set of questions below that are all of the form, “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”.

Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:

* You can leave them exactly as is.

* You can delete any one question.

* You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change “The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is…” to “The best time travel novel in Westerns is…”, or “The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is…”, or “The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is…”.

* You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”.

* You must have at least one question in your set, or you’ve gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you’re not viable.

Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions.

Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.

My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Pharyngula.
My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great--great grandparent is Metamagician and the Hellfire Clubs.
My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is The Flying Trilobite.
My great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock.
My great-great-great-great-great-great grandparent is Shakespeare’s Sister.
My great-great-great-great-great grandparent is Shayera.
My great-great-great-great grandparent is PoliShifter.
My great-great-great grandparent is Lizzy.
My great-great-grandparent is Candace.
My great-grandparent is Randal.
My grandparent is Evil Mommy.
My parent is Vanessa.

1. The best time travel film in SF/Fantasy is: The Time Machine.

2. The best scary movie in zombie apocalypse is: Night of the Living Dead.

3. The best novel in American period history is: The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner.

4. The best writer in American comedy is: Woody Allen.

5. The best silent movie in Russian film is: Battleship Potemkin.

6. The best English poet in the nineteenth century is: Gerard Manley Hopkins.

7. The best anthem in Punk Rock is: "Holidays in the Sun" by the Sex Pistols

8. The best anthem in Southern Rock is: "Green Grass and High Tides" by the Outlaws.

I now tag GerryPlanetEarth, Arrogant Worm and the man with the pretty pictures, Anthony McCune!

----------------
Listening to: Amy Rigby - Dancing with Joey Ramone
via FoxyTunes