Friday, August 31, 2007

DragonCon!


Hey, fellow geeks! It's time to party! This will be my very first DragonCon, where a splendid time is guaranteed for all. I expect to be dazzled! The whole concept of geeks taking over the downtown of a major city is just so GREAT!


If you're gonna be at DragonCon, try to drop me a line sometime today, and maybe we can meet tomorrow by a statue of Obi Wan or something. My only immediate goal is to meet Tippi! (YES!) Unfortunately, Katee Sackhoff canceled, and Mr. Daisy is bummed out over that.

Related links: Check out DragonCon pages on LiveJournal and My Space, as well as DragonConTV.

Be there or be... well, non-geeky, I guess. :)

8 comments:

bryce said...

have a good time, D!

antiprincess said...

I am totally jealous. and wish I was going so I could say "hi" to you and follow you around all lovesick.

Amber said...

Hey Daisy, I'm not going to be at Dragon*Con this year, but I am meeting up w/ a bunch of friends (many of whom will be at D*C) Sunday afternoon, 1:00, at Gordon Biersh on Peachtree and 7th. They've reserved a room for 30, so feel free to drop by! It would be nice to meet you. :) Email me if ya want... amber@gapodcastnetwork.com. I'll be home all weekend.

belledame222 said...

Have fun!

Erin said...

OK now I'm sad. I've been involved in con's in my city for years, I just never have been able to go to DC. This year it was because of $$ and having to take a week off to hide because my face looked like $(*# after a laser treatment.

I'm totally jealous, and wish I could go. I may have to make SURE I go next year, but it's costly. Let me know how it goes, and if you see anyone wandering around with a "Hacker Inside" shirt and a thing of boozamahol tell them polerin said hi ;)

belledame222 said...

...holy crap, i had no idea that Tippi Hedren was still around.

Daisy said...

Oh wow, Belle, forgot to link her Shambala animal preserve, which is why she goes to all these things, to raise money for it. Sorry Tippi!

Beware, I think that's Judy Garland when you click on it. :D

Rosie said...

I would have loved to go to this. Actually I would have loved to go to Otakon. But I already feel sort of self conscious being the fat middle aged lady beating off the teenagers with my handbag to get that last copy of the Hellsing Ultimate OVA II.